Monday, July 16, 2012

Introducing Chester

Hello again all,

I figured that since this blog is about Chester, I should introduce him and tell you a little bit about why I adopted him.

I have lots of motherly instincts, but since I can't have my own babies (silly humans had me fixed!), I have in the past adopted various items, usually mittens. When my mommy lived with her parents, I adopted some of her mom's mittens and gloves and would take them up to my mommy's room for safekeeping. Then when we moved down here to Georgia, it was winter and my mommy had her Team Canada mittens sitting out on the steps and I adopted those as my babies. I would drag them around at night and my parents would come downstairs in the morning and find them all around our apartment. They finally decided to replace the mittens with a baby for me so I would have something that looked like me to love. That brought Chester into our home.

Me with Chester on a dining room chair
 I loved Chester right away so I adopted him as my baby. I like him because he's orange and I have orange fur too! I make mommy meowing sounds when I'm looking for him, then I pick him up and carry him around. He needs his exercise after all! That's why I put him on one of my mommy's exercise magazines one day after she was done using it to workout. This was his first random baby picture:

Chester on a page of a Jillian Michaels' workout in a magazine
Yes, I really did put him there like that, and surprised my mom when she came back downstairs after having a shower. I don't know why she was laughing so much. I guess she's easily amused. Now I like to put Chester on top of random things. He needs variety in his activities!

In addition to carrying Chester around, I like to give him baths too. My mom has seen me do this, but I usually stop when she watches me because it's a little embarrassing. But she tells me she can tell that I do it because where I lick Chester feels different than the rest of his fur.

I hope you enjoyed my introduction of Chester to you! Stay tuned for more pictures to come!
~Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment