Thursday, September 13, 2012

Exciting News!

Hello everyone!

I have stopped by with some exciting news that I am just bursting to share!

Lucy
By now, you know a lot about me, and a bit from my youngest, ditziest sister Lila. But I haven't really shared a lot about the middle child, Lucy.

Lucy is very gorgeous. She's black with some white patches, and my parents think she's part Siamese. She's VERY LOUD. And has a body like a Siamese, so that's how they figured it out.

My mom actually adopted Lucy when we were still living in Canada. Someone had found her in an abandoned factory when she was a few months old. She was trapped in a machine and covered with oil. I guess that set of lungs is the only thing she could use to call for help, and it worked! Now she uses her loud voice to annoy my parents in the morning while they're still trying to sleep.

Lucy and I get along really well. It took a while for me to get used to her, but now we are great friends. We like to play, and I like to give her baths. Sometimes this gives me hairballs, but that's ok. I don't mind.
Me giving Lucy a bath.
Usually, Lucy has a bit of an attitude problem. She doesn't really like to be petted, and makes messes, and generally acts out. However, lately my mom has been reading an awesome blog about cats called The Way of Cats (wayofcats.com). And they have lots of different stuff about how cats have different personality types, and how to talk to them and respond to their needs properly, and Lucy has been loosening up, not causing so much trouble, wanting to play more, and seeking more affection. Well, yesterday, she followed in MY footsteps, and has started to become a mommy.

That's one of her babies in her bed. 

See, a while ago, when my parents realized I wanted a baby, I would drag my mommy's Canada mittens around the house in my mouth while making loud whining noises. Well yesterday Lucy did that sound with one of her toys in her mouth! I'm so glad that she's finally relaxing enough to feel comfortable acting that way! My mom was super happy about it too!

This is the toy she was carrying around.
She sometimes likes to take naps with it too.
It's kind of crazy, because usually Lucy likes to play fetch with her toys:



Usually she just brings the toys over and drops them in front of you (or on you if you're sitting on the floor like my mom likes to do), and just stares at you until you throw them.


Who could say no to those eyes?
But now we all realize that she's not just playing with them. She's playing WITH them. Sure she likes to chase them around, but she also bats them around. I think she's trying to do a bit of kitty play fighting with them. Daddy also thinks she likes to play fetch because she treats her toy babies as 'prey' that she has caught and brings back to my parents as a present. Bizarre, but cute...just like most of what Lucy does!

She also likes to give them baths and chew on them a bit.
She hasn't quite got the gentle part of being a mommy yet.

Anyways, I'm super proud that my little sister has grown up and become a mommy like me. Of course, she still can't figure out how to pull doors open, but hey! One step at a time.

I hope you enjoyed my update!
~Sally


No comments:

Post a Comment